Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quick post.

Just a quick update since it's 1 am and I have a large amount of Math and English to be working on...

To all my readers..you know, all...what, 3 of you? Perhaps you noticed I changed the name of my blog. Culinary Journeys of a Midwestern Foodie just didn't quite mesh right. I'm not a true midwestern(I'm a damn nomad), I don't know that I'm necessarily a foodie per say...I'm not a food snob. I'm not dining out, critiquing a different fine dining restaurant every night of my life,...though I might on occasion. I want to call this blog a food blog, but at the same time I don't, because some entries aren't solely focused on food(although most will involve food in some way). Some are merely mind vomit that has ended up in cyber space. Really, it's a record of my passions. I have many. Cooking, writing, photography, the combination of the 3, family, friends, art(especially when presented on a plate), music. So, right now, I'm just doing what I love. I know it lacks structure. It's unorganized. Sometimes it doesn't make much sense. But that's my life.
Read at your own will.

Other than that, I am working on a couple more entries that are soon to come(maybe in the next week, we'll see how my schedule works out). One about my consommé that I made in Soup/Sauces this past Tuesday(that had the flavor profile comparative to watery chicken juice), and the other I throw in some good ol' nostalgia.

Tonight I had food styling...got a few good shots of the drinks we made. I'm happy to share. It was a fun time til the weather turned nasty.




2 comments:

  1. I love the picture and by the way, I visited your blog before and tried to post a comment but didn't go through for some reason (i hope it will now). I'm also a student in metro and so far my experience as a culinary art student is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jess, thanks for visiting my blog. btw, I added you to my favorite bloggers. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete